Thursday, June 6, 2013

Loch Afro American Horror Story mixtape blog #13:Pushing on

  Okay my last blog was kind of depressing, but it was honest. I try to be transparent as possible as an artist.I could portray this generic rapper image that everything is all models,molly,and money, but that wouldn't be true. And also it was a ploy to get some sites and ppl to check me out and it kind of worked.My views on the mixtape picked up a little. I, like any artists just wants to be heard and appreciated and make some money off of my art and sometimes it is very hard to be patient at something uncertain.Since my last blog I released a video for my song "Spaz Out" that has gotten featured on a lot of blogs and sites and I'm grateful for that.Thanks to all the sites and ppl who posted my video or mixtape.

  As depressed and un motivated as I can get, I can be inspired that fast.Camps like Top Dawg,Action Bronson, and Joey Badass inspire me being able to make genuine music not conforming and winning. I value all opinions, a few ppl have suggested I tone down and make music for the southern market.I don't have the answers, but from what I see,creating a lane is better than falling in place and I'm just not the type of artist to conform and turn my back on how I see hip hop or at least my hip hop, maybe even to the point of it hindering me.I have made commercial music that really did nothing for me and underground music that has got me more attention, so that's my view.

  Everybody has a different path,opinion, and view and I'm not backing down from mine, because I truly believe in it.I know I have to get my stage show crazy, make better music or a song that reaches a large group, and get some real promo.Until my music has been presented correctly all the way right, I can't blame it on just music or just location.There are a million real world scenarios of why I'm not where I want to be.I'm a lifer to this music game so i'm gonna work no matter what, but sometimes it does seem impossible.

 The smallest thing can mean a lot like the other day a guy left a comment saying I was wack and should stop rapping and I'll never take off in music. I let it rattle in my head and even considered that maybe he's right, then I checked to see if he commented on anything music related and found he didn't, which made me think he wasn't serious, but it still kind of bothered me a little.I left him a comment like I do most ppl who say I'm wack(which doesn't happen often) telling him it's cool if you don't like my music, and it's okay he has his opinion.After I left that comment I got a comment back saying he was just trolling and my song was good.In a nutshell that's the life of the indie artist,constant ups and downs.Thanks

Loch Ft. "Spaz Out" (official Music Video):

Loch Afro American Horror Story Mixtape Hosted by via DOWNLOAD IT NOW!!!

So now you can peep Afro American Horror Story then peep all my other mixtapes on my datpiff page


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment